Wow have you ever made pancakes from scratch? Which means you don’t use anything from a box or bag? If you haven’t you need! To try this recipe!
On top of these being amazingly delicious! They are super affordable and yield a great amount of servings for less then half of what you spend on boxed or bagged pancakes. I spend around $10 for all of my basic ingredients (not the add ins) and I can yield about 100-120 pancakes, that’s about 12 days worth of pancakes.
If you need more then the recipe calls for just double everything until you reach the amount you want.
To yield 10-12 pancakes you will need:
– 1 cup of Flour (any flour will do wheat or gluten free are wonderful healthy substitutes)
– 1/2 cup of sugar ( brown sugar or sugar substitutes work perfectly)
– 2 tablespoons of baking powder
– 2 teaspoons of salt (I use fresh ground sea salt)
– 1 or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (optional! I use it to give a kick to my pancakes)
– 1 Cup of milk (milk substitutes work perfectly fine such as almond, soy and rice)
OPTIONAL ADD IN’S! (Add all of them or 1 of them)
If you have an allergy to any of these ingredients please skip this section.
– 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips (if you use dark chocolate its a lot healthier)
– 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
– 1 tablespoons of nutmeg
– 1/2 cup of almonds or pecans
(we personally don’t add these since the kiddos like them on the side)
– 1 sliced banana (this and the chocolate chips are amazing!)
– any other fruits you would like to include need to be 1/2 cup, more or less to you liking.
1.) Combine all of your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. (Flour, salt, baking soda, sugar) of you wish to add nutmeg or cinnamon add it now.
2.) Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly and then slowly add the 1 cup of milk ( if the mix is to thick slowly add more until it is to you liking. SHOULD NOT BE WATERY/TO LIQUIDY!)
3.) Add your vanilla and extra optional ingredients such as bananas, chocolate chips & more now (you can skip this if you wish to not add)
4.) Heat your skillet to med heat.
5.) Coat your skillet with butter spray or adds tablespoon of butter
6.) Drop desired amount on skillet.
7.) Watch your pancake(s) and check the bottoms to see if you are golden brown (these do not bubble the way the boxed brand does, you must be careful)
8.) Flip carefully when bottom side is golden brown, pull in any sides that splatter to bring it back to a round pancake.
9.) Repeat steps 5-8 until finished with batter.
Serve these babies with organic Maple Syrup or make a special vanilla syrup!
Vanilla syrup recipe:
Makes 1/2 cup of syrup
– 1/2 cup of butter (any butter will do)
– 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
– 4 tablespoons of honey (I use pure honey comb honey)
– 4 tablespoons of sugar (any sugar substitute or brown sugar will do)
1.) Heat sauce pot to low/med
2.) Add all the ingredients into the sauce pan
3.) cook until all ingredients have mixed.
4.) Keep on simmer until you are ready to serve your pancakes.
My god mother is the one who introduced this delicious syrup to me and after 6 years of begging she finally told me her secret ingredients and since then I’ve been able to make this for my kiddos.
Both recipes listed on this post were made by Sweet N Sour Deals.