I am so happy to share my family’s experience at one of our favorites places on earth, Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Today I am sharing our Taste of Busch Gardens Guide 2020, where I am including some helpful information and tips to help you plan your next trip to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA.
Taste of Busch Gardens 2020
Did you know that Busch Gardens Williamsburg was named the “World’s Most Beautiful Park” for the 30th consecutive year? This theme park has held this impressive streak since 1990 (the year I was born!). Wow! The things you learn.
Taste of Busch Gardens 2020 Visitors Guide
Sip, sample, and soar at this limited-capacity special event. Select areas of the park will be open so there is plenty of room to safely enjoy specialty food and drinks as you stroll through our 6 charming villages. Also, play the day away on the thrills & chills of some of our most popular rides. Purchase your tickets for the event online HERE.
Taste of Busch Gardens Tips
- Grab an event ticket that offers a sampler card. It’s cheaper to buy them as a package than individually, you will want to have at least 5 samples for the day. Purchase your tickets for the event online HERE.
- Please wear your masks at all times, unless you are in a Rest Area or are consuming food in a designated area.
- There is so much space available in this park we never rubbed elbows with anyone, however as with any line we were around the most people while picking up food and drinks.
- DO NOT use your sampler cards for drink tasting. Just go ahead and pay the full price, it’s cheaper this way and you get larger quantities when you don’t use the sampler cards.
- Check out the rides that are open during the event below BEFORE you go.
- Each event ticket includes 4 solid hours of time in the park, DO NOT rush through the villages. I am guilty of rushing through each village during each visit because there is simply so much to see. Since only certain parts of the park are open along with limited rides. There is no need to rush this visit! So take it slow, okay?
- There are NO SHOWS open during this event but plenty of the gift shops are! We checked out a few gift shops and found some cute items on sale and not on sale that we grabbed up.
Taste of Busch Gardens – How It Works
- Choose Your Day. The event runs every Wednesday through Sunday from September 2?27, plus Labor Day.
- Select Your Time. Select your reservation window, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 5?9pm or Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Labor Day from 11 am 3pm & 5 9pm.
- Enjoy The Event. Indulge your senses with all?new culinary delights, wine and beer tastings, thrilling rides, & special entertainment.
Available Attractions at Busch Gardens
Please note that the whole park is not open for this event, unlike previous years this event is limited to the villages listed below. Along with the following rides that are currently open and have limited to no wait time during the event.
Rides That Are Open
- Der Wirblewind
- Kinder Karussel
- Le Scoot
- Finnegan’s Flyer. Junior
- Der Roto Baron
Taste of Busch Gardens Guide
In France village, you will find many different offers that will suit anyone’s food pallet. With everything from Sangria, wine tastings, tasty fries and sweet treats. Check out all of the offers in this village below.
• Multiple varieties
“Old Country” Fries
• Italian fries
• English fries
• German fries
• Irish fries
• Draft beer
• Cookie dough cone
• Specialty drinks
La Belle Wine Tasting
• Assortment of French wines and other regions
The Brew Bar
• Vast assortment of global beers on tap
• Charcuterie Plate
Best of Food & Wine
If you loved the Philippines foodie booth during last year’s 2019 Food and Wine Festival then this is the village for you! Featuring my countries iconic Siopao Pork Dumplings. This handheld steamed dumpling is filled with pork and comes with our traditional dipping sauce.
We devoured the Mushi-gyoza and Siopao instantly! The Hawaiian Breeze drink was oh my gosh GOOD!!! Basically a blue pina colada you know I went back for 2nds!
• Bangers & Colcannon
• Gamba Fritters
• Siopao Pork Dumplings
• Blue Hawaiian (signature drink)
We were unable to grab anything from this section because the line was too long, however last year I was able to try the Steak Chimichurri and it was delish! The jerk chicken slider was calling my name but unfortunately, we were already on our way out of the park so I never got a chance to try it.
Three Rivers Treats
• Steak Chimichurri
• Jerk Chicken Slider
• Draft Beer
Acadia Traders Wine Tasting
• Assortment of wines from multiple regions and countries
This would be a fun event for small groups of friends to try together, there was ample spacing between each wine tasting location. I didn’t get a chance to try any of the wine tastings but noticed some couples on dates taking advantage of these.
La Belle Wine Tasting
• Selection of wines from France and other regions
Acadia Traders Wine Tasting
• Selection of wines from multiple regions and countries
German Gifts Wine Tasting
• Selection of wines from Germany and other regions