The summer time in Hershey Penslayvannia is a beautiful sweet place to be with the family. Last month the kids and I visited one of the sweetest places on earth at one of their beautiful hotels. The Hershey Lodge is definitely one of my favorite hotels I’ve ever stayed in just because of the many things you can do on the property. I know some people may think that Hersheypark is one of the best things to do while you visit Hershey PA, but there are so many fun things you can do at the actual Hershey Lodge that you don’t even have to leave the property to enjoy.
Every great trip starts with a check in at the hotel’s front desk, at The Hershey Lodge the kids have their own special check-in booth where they are able to sign a ledger and receive special name tags. That’s not all you can do at this desk, you can also guess how many candies are in the jar, and if you guess it correctly you get the entire jar! Talk about sweet tooth attack!
The double bed rooms are very spacious when it comes to accommodating a family of 5, with big double beds and lots of walking space it made for a comfortable stay. We didn’t stay in the room much but when we were in it eating delicious cookies and watching TV at night, we were all very comfortable with the space given. Even though the kids were wired off of the endless Hershey Chocolate and delicious cookies we all slept soundly in our beds. Did I mention the beds and pillows are out of this world comfortable? I love having a fluffy yet firm bed with nice and fluffy pillows as I sleep, these beds were as always perfect for this mom and her kids.
When it comes to Hershey PA you assume everything including the grass and water is made of milk chocolate. While that is not true The Hershey Lodge actually does boast some chocolate scented amenities that any chocolate lover would love. The shampoo in the bathroom is chocolate scented, along with the lotions and hand soaps, OH YES! The wall paper even has Hershey Kisses! By the way, where can I buy this wallpaper to have in my bathroom at home? The space in the bathroom is very nice, along with the shower which this mom loved at the end of each day.
1. Water Works. Hello, water! If you are looking to have some seriously splashy fun than the on site Water Works is the place to go. It is free and available for all guests who stay at The Hershey Lodge. This water playground boasts a full sized water slide which my kids used to race each other to the bottom. There is a chocolate obstacle course as well as three different places for the kids to play in. With a small area for the tiny ones with slides, along with another area for the little ones with fun waterfalls. The bigger pool has the
With a small area for the tiny ones with slides, along with another area for the little ones with fun waterfalls. The bigger pool has the obstacle course along with some fun space to play water basketball and maybe just free swim room for the bigger kids and adults. I had a great time in the bigger area where I could swim with the kids and show off my “grown up” skills in water basketball. I’m pretty fly for an “old woman” as the kids will say.
Hours of Operation:
- Indoor Pool: 8 AM – 10 PM
- Splash Pad: 8 AM – 9 PM
Open Until September 11
- Twizzlers Twists Slides: 8 AM – 10 PM
2. Milk and Cookies Room Service. If you haven’t had milk and cookies delivered to your room around 8-9pm after a long day at the park or on site at The Hershey Lodge then you are seriously missing out. During my first visit with Hersheypark, I was able to experience some amazing things, being the big foodie I am I was shocked at how amazingly delicious their cookies are at this lodge. I honestly look forward to visiting this lodge just so I can taste these delicious cookies that will rock your world I promise.
I’ve tried to mimic the recipe using their online recipe but it’s nothing like the ones at this lodge, I think there is some serious love mixed in each batch. I am highly lactose intolerant which means I’m unable to have the normal milk everyone else in this beautiful world gets to enjoy. When I asked for soy milk the kitchen staff was so accommodating they were able to give me a tall glass to enjoy with the kids. I highly recommend you make a point to order these when you visit and remember to grab extra’s to bring home.
3. Lounge in the Lobby. Curl up next to the fireplace during the winter and lounge in the summer time where some fun characters come out to play with the whole family. If you were looking to catch a quick selfie with Reese’s, Hershey Kiss and the Hershey bar themselves then keep your eyes peeled in the lobby. Also don’t be afraid to ask the check in staff whenever the characters normally come out so you can make sure your downstairs and ready to give some sweet love to these lovable characters.
4. Daily Activites For The Whole Family. Hello, Daily activities for the family! If you were looking for something to do on the property then make sure to snag a activities announcement at the Kids Checkin desk. There is a full breakdown where you can see the times and themes they are hosting. There is some fun stuff to enjoy on the property with some fun dress up themes as well.
5. Eat at The Fire and Grain Resturant or the Hershey Grill. The newest addition to The Hershey Lodge is The Fire and Grain Resturant where there are different things the whole family can choose from. More so on the high-end line when it comes to the dishes where you can snag a salmon dinner as well as the kids snag a delicious chicken finger dinner.
The Hershey Grill serves up some delicious breakfast choices which boast some seasonal treats that you must try during the Christmas time and summer time. The Hershey Grill has a big menu that this mom loves along with delicious food that makes this mom’s tummy very happy. Open early enough for breakfast as well as late enough for a quick bite to eat after a long day at the park.
6. Free Mini Golf and Basketball. My kids can become pretty competitive when it comes to mini golf, don’t get me wrong but with a good game of mini golf is being played there is nothing but smiles on their faces. I love when I see them make those hole in ones and the little dances they do are priceless. While the 3 kids and I played mini golf Malik went off to play some basketball at the basketball and tennis court directly next to the mini golf course. There is really something for everyone here, with a small outdoor pool, basketball, tennis court, and mini golf course located at the back of The Hershey Lodge. Definitely one of the highlights from our last visit where Anthony and Keke got the most hole in ones in one game!
7. Arcade Room in Hershey Water Works. Come prepared to have fun at this arcade, load up some play cards and have a blast at this small yet big arcade. There is something for everyone here and you definitely need to walk through it when you visit the Waterworks building. It’s a great place to visit along with the game room where they host fun scavenger hunts where you can win a full-size candy bar! The kids loved hunting down what was on their scavenger hunt list and even had some clever idea’s on how to make it easier.
8. Lounge in your Room. Each room is equipped with a flat screen TV as well as super comfortable beds. Lounge in your room for a breather from the amazingly fun time you are having at The Hershey Lodge. I like to hop on my laptop for a few minutes using the Wifi and get caught up on some emails as well as a little bit of work. Even though I totally don’t condone working while on vacation sometimes that wifi is all you need for 30 minutes to an hour to stay caught up. The kids somehow managed to play hide and seek in the room so it wasn’t all bad for that one hour we spent in the room before lunchtime.
9. Use the 24 Hour Gym in Water Works. Hello, everyone! I’m a gym rat and my name is Jay, I like to scope out gyms during my hotel visits and check out what type of equipment and amenities they have. I have been to some hotel gyms where you couldn’t even fit 2 people in it, whereas you have ones like The Hershey Lodge where you have a huge gym floor perfect for someone like me who likes to move around the room and get things done. There are plenty of machines available for many people to use, which is my favorite because sometimes you get stuck waiting for a certain machine and it kills your gym vibe. Lots of towels and water is provided for those who are ready to sweat that pound of chocolate you ate at Hersheypark the day before.
It’s okay though because of course your in Hershey PA you can’t NOT eat yummy Hershey Chocolate while you are here. There are plenty of machines available for many people to use, which is my favorite because sometimes you get stuck waiting for a certain machine and it kills your gym vibe. Lots of towels and water is provided for those who are ready to sweat that pound of chocolate you ate at Hersheypark the day before. It’s okay though because of course your in Hershey PA you can’t NOT eat yummy Hershey Chocolate while you are here.
10. Complimentary Shuttle To Hersheypark. Take me away! To a Sweet Place! Yes, I sang that in my head and sort of on here. Even though there are so many amazing things to do on property one of the fun things the kids really enjoyed was shuttling to Hersheypark in the morning. Grabbing a shuttle from the Hershey Lodge means it is no hassle for finding parking at the park means more time for fun and money saved. Not to mention your on a Hershey bus which the kids had a fun time bouncing on the seats as we made our way to the park. Grab one on the way to the park and on your way back, the shuttles run around the clock and are there to make sure you have a sweet time.
I hope you enjoyed my Top 10 Things To Do At The Hershey Lodge list and learned a few things about the Lodge today. There is honestly so much to do onsite I find it a joy to just be on the property for a full day or two when we visit. So make sure when you visit Hershey PA you check out this lodge in the summertime as well as the Christmas time. When was the last time you visited Hershey PA? When was the last time you visited The Hershey Lodge or Hersheypark? Do you plan on visiting this Summer or upcoming Christmas?