Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Orlando Florida was everything I had hoped it would be. My family got to visit Diagon Alley at nighttime and partied the night away with some other awesome families during the 2017 Family Forward Event. There is so much to do in Diagon Alley it’s really hard to just pick a few things to talk about. Below I have listed my top 9 Things I think you must do on your next visit to Diagon Alley.
Top 9 Things To Do at Diagon Alley in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios
1. Olivanders Wand Choosing Ceremony. There is nothing like attending a Wand Choosing Ceremony at Olivanders Wand Shop in Diagon Alley. If you are a Harry Potter fanatic I am then you definitely want to make the time to attend one of these ceremonies. During the Wand Choosing Ceremony, one of the guests is chosen to participate in the mini-show where Olivander helps you find your perfect wand. The show is exactly like the movie so come prepared to live out that one scene from your favorite Wizard.
Tip: Make sure to wear your Hogwarts house colors and gear when attending the ceremony, it could possibly lead to you get chosen to participate in the ceremony.
2. Test your magical skills with mapped out locations. With your wand at the ready, visit the marked locations on the map you receive when you purchase your interactive wand. Each location on the map has a seal on the ground that helps you with your spell casting adventures. The seal on the ground shows you what hand motions to do and what words to say. Next time you are in Diagon Alley with your interactive wand try out all of the magical locations and also keep your eye out for secret unmarked locations.
Spell casting in the Diagon Alley at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios Orlando Florida. The kids did an amazing job at learning the spells around the various locations in Diagon Alley. Even little esuun was able to cast some spells on her own. If you are having trouble casting spells, there are witches and wizards walking around that are ready to help. Some are tricky but the best part is seeing their smiles when they finally do get it right. I can’t wait to em ring the kids back soon so we can try out more spells and drink tons of Frozen Butter Beer! @universalorlando @unistudios @visitorlando @visitflorida #familytraveler #visitorlando #family #family #harrypotter #diagonalley #spells #spellcasting #wands #traveling #travel #florida #ReadyforUniversal #universalstudios #universal #universalorlando #familyforward
3. Ask shopkeeper for secret unmarked spell casting locations. There are some really clever secret spell casting locations in Diagon Alley, you could really make a day out of it trying to find them. The kids found one without even looking, they were just walking around and waving their wands. If you are up for the challenge you can hunt them down in Diagon Alley, or you can ask a shopkeeper for any advice on where some of them could be located. The fun is in the hunt though, I think your kids will have a great time looking for them.
4. Try Frozen Butterbeer, don’t forget the pumpkin juice. If visiting Diagon Alley isn’t enough for your Harry Potter Fanatic Senses, have a go at their Frozen Butter Beer. Found at many different locations in Diagon Alley but one of the best places to find it is in the Leaky Cauldron. The delicious creation is the perfect drink to help you cool off on a hot day in Florida. I loved the butterbeer and so did the kids, I personally drank my weight in pumpkin juice the whole visit.
5. Taste Harry Potter themed Ice cream. Hello, Ice cream! If you are looking to have a delicious treat to help cool you down while spending the day at Diagon Alley, you simply must visit Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour. The flavors change up so make sure you are able to try each of the flavors at least once while you visit. Wizards and Muggles™ of every age can indulge in scoop and soft-serve ice-creams with fantastic flavors like Butterbeer™, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Earl Grey and Lavender, and more; along with Pumpkin Juice™, teas, ciders, and water.
6. Taste The Magical Food. There are many little places to buy some Wizarding World of Harry Potter food in Diagon Alley. My favorite place to go was the Leaky Cauldron which had a ton of choices for the kids and me to choose from. Their Menu has everything from Toad in the Hole, Fisherman’s Pie, Dragon Scale to my absolute favorite Sticky Toffee Pudding.
7. Watch the dragon breathe fire at night. If you have ever wondered what it would be like to see a real dragon breathe fire, then check out Diagon Alley at dusk. When the sun starts going down the Dragon atop of Gringotts begins to breathe fire. As you walk through Diagon Alley you will hear the dragon rumbling which Esuun thought was a real dragon around each corner. It’s really a sight to see and wonderful to catch on camera and video.
8. Ride Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. Enter Gringotts™ bank beneath the massive fire-breathing dragon at the far end of Diagon Alley™. Inside, walk through the bank’s grand marble lobby and see goblins hard at work. Then, get ready to take a journey through cavernous passageways that lead deep underground as you climb aboard this mind-blowing, multi-dimensional thrill ride. You’ll face the bank’s stringent security measures while navigating perilous subterranean vaults. Along the way, you’ll encounter Harry, Ron, and Hermione. But you’ll have to evade the wrath of malicious villains Voldemort™ and Bellatrix, as well as trolls and other creatures that stand between you and a safe return to Diagon Alley™.
9. Buy Some Magical Candy. If you have ever wondered what the huge cart of candy tasted like in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone movie? Well, you can now shop till you drop at Sugarplum’s Sweetshop where they sell more than just candy. Discover a wealth of wizarding treats inside this delightful Diagon Alley™ shop. Every nook is stocked with colorful sweets and tasty temptations sure to satisfy even the most traditional Muggles™. Choose from Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans™, Acid Pops, Exploding Bonbons, Pink Coconut Ice and more, or peek through the glass case to feast your eyes on confections like Cauldron Cakes. You won’t want to leave this irresistible boutique empty handed.
Have you ever visited Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida before? What was your favorite part? What do you look forward to experiencing when you do visit. Head over to the Universal Studio’s Florida Website and book your next vacation today!