I partnered with NBC Universal Studios to bring this post, all thoughts, and opinions expressed in this post are my own.
It’s hard to believe that it’s that time of the year again when families celebrate the holidays together. It wasn’t long ago when my family started our own holiday traditions. Since the kids can remember, we have baked Santa Cookie’s and left milk out on Christmas Eve. We also do many other things to countdown to the big Christmas day to keep us in the holiday spirit.
Starting on December 1rst my family begins to countdown to Christmas Day by watching all of our favorite Christmas Movies. With 25 days to work towards you could say that it becomes a fun game to figure out which movies we will watch on each day. My favorite of all movies I have to confess is The Grinch, I love Cindy Loo. The little song she sings in the movie always makes me feel gushy inside.
Although my family does love the classic Christmas movies I have to admit a lot of the new movies coming out are just as adorable and heartwarming. When I found out that a Trolls Holiday Movie was coming out my little girls and I flipped our sparkles. To celebrate the release of The New Movie Trolls Holiday, the girls and I decided to throw an extra sparkly movie night. The boys were invited and so was Grandma, we knew we would be baking up some delicious cookies to celebrate.
The girls and I had an amazing time baking up these delicious cookies as well as decorating them. If you would like to bake them up for your little sparkly troll in your home then simply follow the recipe below. Don’t forget to check out the fun trailer as well as a Special Treat you have to see below
- 3 Cups of Flour
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- 3/4 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Cup of Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbs of Milk
- Cooking Icing:
- 1 Cup of Confectioners Sugar
- 4 Tsp of Milk
- 1 Tsp of vanilla
- 1 Tsp of Corn Syrup
- In a mixing bowl/Mixer, add the butter and sugar and blend till light in color on low speed. In a small bowl whisk together the egg and milk until well blended. Slowly add that to the butter and sugar mixture on low speed.
- In a separate large bowl blend together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Once the wet ingredients are well mixed together (do not over mix) slowly add in the dry ingredients until dough has formed on medium/low speed. Mix together on low until no more dry ingredients have been left in the bowl, make sure to use spatula to remove mixture from the sides of the bowl to be blended.
- Once the dough is prepared let sit in the fridge for anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 days.
- Once you are ready to prepare the cookies Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- On a flat surface roll out a large piece of wax paper ( you can just use the kitchen counter or large cutting board).
- Sprinkle the wax paper with confectioners sugar and then cut the dough into 3 different pieces.
- Using different sizes of Snowflake Cookie Cutters cut out the desired amount of bases of the tree, middle and top pieces.
- Cook the large pieces of cookie at 9 minutes and lower the time by 1-2 minutes for the smaller cutouts.
- Let sit on a drying rack until they are completely cooled down.
- To Decorate:
- To create the cookie icing mix together the milk and confectioners sugar and vanilla, once well blended add the corn syrup and blend until well mixed together.
- Add the icing to a piping bag and use when you are ready, each cookie will take up to 90 minutes to fully dry. Once the first layer is dried you can add more icing using different colors, or add candy to decorate your tree and snowflakes.
Order The New Movie Trolls Holiday Exclusively at Walmart today! Head over HERE and snag this holiday treat for your family. Order online and pick-up in the store, or have it shipped to your home. If you haven’t already make sure you check out the Full Trailer of For New Movie Trolls Holiday below and the Special Treat.
Full Trailer Below
When the eternally optimistic Poppy, queen of the Trolls, learns that the Bergens no longer have any holidays on their calendar, she enlists the help of Branch and the rest of the gang on the delightfully quirky mission to fix something that the Bergens don’t think is broken. You can’t stop the music with DreamWorks Trolls Holiday!