It’s almost Valentine’s Day! What will you be giving your Valentine this year? Have you looked for the perfect gift? I know I am truly struggling with what to get some of my loved ones. They are all so different and I’m sure they are tired of my classic card and chocolate gifts I usually give out around this time of the year. If you are struggling like me, how about you bake them up something special with this Strawberry filled Red Velvet Cupcake. It’s topped with homemade ganache and ganache dipped strawberries with a white chocolate drizzle. Bake these up for a Valentine’s Day party or just for your special Sweetheart.
This year my kids will be giving out their own Valentine’es Day card’s to their classmates. We went from homeschool to public school this year and it has been such a big change for us all. The one thing we weren’t really able to do when we homeschooled was hand out Valentine’s Day cards. This year will be different and the kids are so excited. They have even marked the day on the calendar of when their Valentine’s Day Parties will be. I guess now my kids will be known for bringing in cupcakes like I was when I was in school. I think the exception in our case is that I have to provide enough for 3 classes, YAY! I’m sure if I keep saying I think I can I think I can, those cupcakes will get baked!
What’s your favorite memory when you were in Elementary School on Valentine’s Day? What was your favorite thing to gift and what was your favorite type of gift? Did you ever bring in treats? My mom was famous for bringing in cupcakes so everyone always knew it was going to be a delicious party.
Valentine's Day Strawberry Red Velevet Cupcakes
- 1 Box of Red Velvet Cupcakes
- mix as directed except substitute the water for milk
- 2 Cups of Cut Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups of Semi Sweet chocolate chips
- Bake Cupcakes as directed, but replace the water with milk as an ingredient, bake and then set aside.
- In a medium/small sauce pan add in the butter, sugar and then let them combine.
- Add in the orange juice (optional), flour, and then the strawberry. Cook on low/medium heat for 3-5 minutes. set aside to cool
- Cut a hole in the cupcakes, but save the tops.Add in the chilled Strawberry filling and then set aside again.
- In a double broiler method bring the heavy whipping cream to a low boil, add the chocolate chips and then stir till mixed. Let sit for a minimum of 1 hour before using. Pout the mixture over the cherry filled cupcakes.
- Topping: Dip whole strawberries in the chocolate ganache and then set aside, melt down white chocolate in a double broiler method and then drizzle over the tops of the strawberries. Top your cupcakes with the strawberries and then serve.