A tasty fall-inspired Vegetarian Harvest Salad, that features oven-roasted vegetables, pumpkin seeds, and cherry tomatoes. This fall harvest salad is topped with your favorite brand of balsamic vinegar and then sprinkled with feta cheese.
Vegetarian Harvest Salad
Around this time of the year, we are reminded about how beautiful each season is and how it brings beautiful harvests to so many delicious vegetables. During the autumn and winter, we are given an abundant amount of sweet potatoes and pumpkins. With all of the many sales that pop up in the stores, it’s hard not to take advantage of those prices and the number of veggies you can snag.
Harvest Salad with Oven Roasted Vegetables
One of my favorite things to eat any time of the year is always a delicious leafy green salad piled high with veggies and dressing. For this recipe, I have combined some warm oven-baked Sweet Potatoes with the vibrant Zucchini and toasted Pumpkin seeds.
This recipe goes great with all types of different dressing so don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors. The one thing I love about this salad is that it can be enjoyed with or without meat, I like to take a day or two out of my week and eat only fruits and vegetables. It’s great for the environment, your health, and of course your taste buds.
Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
This vegetarian harvest salad features homemade oven-roasted pumpkin seeds. Once you make them at home, you won’t buy store-bought again. It’s a great way to put those pumpkin seeds you gutted from that jack-o-lantern to good use.
How to Oven Roast Pumpkin Seeds
Before you make your salad, gut a fresh pumpkin, and gather the seeds. Toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper, then spread them on a baking sheet and bake as directed on the recipe card. Once they are fully baked, set them on your counter to cool completely.
Oven Roasted Vegetables
Now it is time to roast some vegetables in the oven. To start we will need to cut sweet potato into squares and sauté with a little oil and garlic until the sides are browned. Once they have finished, set them aside. Slice zucchini and sauté the same way.
Toss the Harvest Salad Together
It’s time to assemble our harvest salad. We will need to take 2 handfuls of greens and put in a medium to large bowl. Top the greens with the oven-roasted sweet potato, zucchini, pumpkin seeds, fresh cherry tomatoes cut in half, and a little bit of feta cheese sprinkled on top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or this simple dressing and serve!
Fall Harvest Salad
Have you ever tried a salad like this before? Come back and let us know what you think about our salad and let us know which type of dressing you used if any.
- 2 big handfuls of spinach/ mix greens
- 1/2 large sweet potato
- 1/2 zucchini
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- Seeds from a baking pumpkin
- Before you make your salad, gut a baking pumpkin, gather the seeds, toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper, then spread them on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While that is going on, cut sweet potato into squares, saute' with a little oil/garlic until the sides are browned. Set aside, then slice zucchini and saute' the same way.
- Once your pumpkin seeds are finished baking, take 2 handfuls of greens and put in a bowl. Top with your sweet potato, zucchini, pumpkin seeds, cherry tomatoes cut in half, and a little feta cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or this simple dressing (I use it in all my salads): https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/simple-balsamic-vinaigrette-recipe.html