This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Target #CollectiveBias
My 9-year-old loves oatmeal, I am always trying to find new ways to keep him interested in this awesome power breakfast food. There’s nothing like a warm bowl of fresh old fashion oats in the morning. He seems to enjoy it every morning, I love how it keeps him full until lunch time. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard him come home and explain to me why he had to get an extra cookie for lunch. Uh, yeah mom’s I’m with you on this one, I’m sure the cookie took up all that extra room he had in his stomach.
When this happened more than once an idea popped into my head. Hey, mom, why don’t you make some fresh cookies and then let him crumble it into his oatmeal? Better yet, why not add some of his favorite flavor’s to it. For example banana’s, blueberries, strawberries, and oh yeah! Some Dulce De Leche sauce! That’s one of his top favorites! It was then the cookie crumble idea was born.
The Old Fashioned Oats my son picked out actually worked perfectly with my recipe idea, we grabbed some fresh fruit and the ingredients to make my son’s favorite sauce from scratch. It’s actually way easier than you think it would be. Just 3 ingredients! Awesome right?
My kids helped me scoop the cookies out while I stuffed the sauce inside. After some patience, the cookies were done and we could finally taste this delicious combo. We cooked our oatmeal to al dente we love to have that oaty flavor and texture. Crumbled our cookies and added our favorite fruits. Threw some dulce de leche sauce on top and then, perfection! Mixing it up was the fun part, you get to add more fruit and cookies if needed. It was heaven in every bite, a super soft dulce de leche cookie with a hint of chocolate, then a burst of freshness for the fresh fruit. Heaven, I tell you!
What do you think? Did you like the spin we put on our oatmeal? What’s in your bowl?
Dulce De Leche Cookie Crumble Oatmeal
- 1 cup of dulce de leche sauce see below for ingredients to make
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Dulce De Leche Sauce:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 8 cups of Water or Milk
- For the Dulce De Leche Sauce:
- In a medium sauce pan pour in the brown sugar and 1 cup of whipping cream. On medium heat, stir frequently until the mixture has been condensed to about 1/2 a cup. This will take anywhere from 5-10 minutes.
- Then add in the sweetened condensed milk and stir until completely mixed together. Let stand and then cover and sit in the refrigerator to cool. You can make this a day ahead of time to cut down the prep time for cooking the cookies.
- For the Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. In a large mixing bowl mix together the sugars, eggs, vanilla and butter. Mix until well blended
- Slowly spoon in the flour and then blend in the salt and baking soda.
- With any spoon scoop a nice size dough ball into your hand, flattn the dough ball as if you were making a pancake out of it.
- With the chilled dulce de leche sauce spoon in as much as you would like into the dough pancake, do not let it spill over the dough pancake.
- Quickly pull the sides over the sauce so that it is completely closed. Place the dough balls on foil, and then cook it in the oven for 15-19 minutes, or until the sides of the cookie are golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand until cookies are room temperature.
- Crumble the cookies into a bowl to be served with oatmeal.
- For Quaker Oatmeal:
- In a pot bring to boil the 8 cups of water or milk.
- Pour in the 4 cups of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats and then cook for 5 minutes. Serve Immediately with Dulce De Leche Cookie Crumbles and fresh fruit.