This recipe was inspired by the Red Lobster dish served at any of your local restaurants. I loved this dish so much I had to go home and make my own version of it. Although I tried my best to keep the flavors close to Red Lobster, I ended up adding a few flavors I wished were in the original dish. I really like how easy and simple this dish is and how you can basically use this recipe to make a group of individual meals for a dinner party or just for your family. I hope you enjoy this recipe and share it with your family and friends at the dinner table.
If you would like to make this dinner for your family or a dinner party, just double the recipe or triple it to suit the number of people you are serving. I found that 1 box of wild rice would serve 2 people. You can use the organic wild rice or the boxed like I did. I’ve tried both versions and both taste delicious.
Lemon Roasted Tilapia and Vegetables
- 1 Box of Wild Rice
- Artichoke Hearts
- Purple Onion
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Parchment Paper
- Precook the Wild Rice and then set aside. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees.
- For each meal you will need to cut 2 pieces of parchment paper. Line a pan with 1 of the sheets and the top it with half of the wild rice, place a frozen tilapia on top of the rice. Season the tilapia with salt and pepper and then squeeze half a lemon over top of it.
- For the vegetables add your purple onion, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper to taste. ( I personally love it when half a lemon is squeezed over top the veggies, my mom said its to strong though so to each their own I believe. )
- Add to the top of the tilapia and vegetables thyme and cilantro. Add as much as you would like. I personally LOVE cilantro so I added a lot to mine.
- Add 3-4 slices of lemon on top of the tilapia, then top it again with cilantro if you wish.
- Top this parchment paper with the second sheet you cut earlier and then start rolling it from one side (see photo for visual demonstration).
- Pop this in the over for 40-50 Minutes for each fish.
- Serve hot on a plate and enjoy!