This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QuakerTime #CollectiveBias
Strawberry Breakfast Bars – Back To School Fuel
The season has officially changed and I can already smell the autumn air, the leaves are changing and the sun setting later. With this wonderful sensation in the air, I am reminded of how soon it is when 3 of my Fantastic 4 will be heading off to public school for the very first time.
I recently homeschooled my kids between the ages of 4 and under, when made the leap together and went ahead and decided public school was the better option for us. This being our very first year in public school I had to come up with something quick and easy for the kids to grab and fuel up on.
I’m not sure if every 8 years old is like mine but he seems to be in love with oatmeal, while his siblings absolutely despise it. They will enjoy a chewy bar any day, but for some reason don’t very much like the idea of the delicious warm oatmeal in the morning.
So to combat my kid’s pickiness and need to have a balanced diet I came up with a super delicious plan. I was going to make some Strawberry Breakfast Bars with my son’s Quaker Instant Oatmeal. It was a hit in my home and I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine does.
Do you have a special recipe you make for your family? Share it with us below!
Strawberry Breakfast Bars
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Teaspoons of Vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 6 Packs of Quaker Strawberries and Cream Instant Oatmeal
- 6 Packs of Quaker Maple and Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal
- 3 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 Pounds of Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Container of Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degree’s and prepare a 9×9 square baking dish with parchment paper. Spray the lining of the parchment paper with non stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl mix 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of melted butter and 1 teaspoons of vanilla together.
- Mix in 6 packets of Quaker Maple Brown Sugar Instant oatmeal.
- Pour the mixture into the packing dish and then spread out to cover the entire bottom of the baking dish, use a spoon to do this.
- In a blender lightly blend together 1 lb of strawberries, pour over the top of the oatmeal in the baking dish and then cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the dish is in the oven mix together 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Add 6 packets of Quaker Strawberries and Cream Instant Oatmeal and then mix together.
- Cut 1/2 a pound of strawberries and then set aside.
- Pull the pan from the oven and then top with the slices of strawberry like the picture shown below.
- Add the 2nd batch of instant oatmeal mix to the top of the Strawberries.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until the bottom and top of the dish is hard and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and then refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning remove the breakfast bars from the pan and then cut into desired sizes of squares. Add cream cheese frosting to the top of each of the squares and then serve as is or warmed up.