This Easy Baked Pumpkin Mac and Cheese is ultra-creamy, perfectly cheesy, and gooey. Topped with a crispy parmesan breadcrumb crust it’s the perfect fall dish for the whole family.
Cozy on up at the dinner table with this easy to make Baked Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese. Hands down one of my family’s favorite fall dishes, this creamy flavorful dish works great as a side dish or as the star of the show. Mix things up by adding in meats or topping it with maple bacon!
To create the perfect crispy parmesan breadcrumb crust, be sure to watch it as it bakes. It can turn really fast so make sure you keep the oven light on and keep an eye on it. It shouldn’t take longer than 15 minutes to crispy up, however, this time can vary from one oven to another.
- There is no difference in this recipe when using canned pumpkin versus homemade pumpkin puree. It all comes down to preference when choosing which version you would like to use.
- Add extra cheeses! Try adding some smoked Gyrure, Gouda, white cheddar, pepper jack, or parmesan.
- If you would prefer to just eat it straight out of the pan, go ahead and skip the baking step. Still, want that delicious crunchy topping? Simply grab a frying pan and toast the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a pan with some butter! Keep your eye on it though! It cooks fast.
Why Is Pumpkin A Superfood?
Pumpkin is a superfood for so many reasons. It is packed full of antioxidants and vitamins that are great for boosting immunity and fighting off diseases. You can find that canned pumpkin is great to incorporate into recipes to help fuel your body.
Storing Baked Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
To store the leftovers, once the Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese is completely cooled, store it in an airtight container. This will keep for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, microwave in intervals of 1-minute stirring in between. If possible reserve extra cheese that you can sprinkle on top of the warmed up the Creamy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
Try These Other Noodle Recipes
Pressure Cooker Copycat Hamburger Helper Cheddar Melt. This creamy and delicious Pressure Cooker Copycat Hamburger Helper Cheddar Melt will knock your family’s socks off and keep them coming for more.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad. Enjoy a fresh and crisp Mediterranean Pasta Salad in under 10 minutes! Made with fresh ingredients and a healthy sprinkling of feta cheese, it’s the perfect pasta salad for any time of the year.
Cheesy Bacon and Spinach Penne Pasta. Treat your family this holiday season with a deliciously easy to make Cheesy Bacon and Spinach Penne Pasta. This quick and easy pasta recipe is perfect for dinner any time of the year.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Florentine. Try this one-pot Pressure Cooker Chicken Florentine recipe for your next family meal. It’s an easy recipe that you can enjoy with a slice of freshly baked garlic bread on a busy weeknight.
4 Minute Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese. From CleverlyMe.com – This super easy to prepare and deliciously creamy 4 Minute Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe will delight everyone in your household.
20 Minute Creamy Rosa Caprese Gnocchi Recipe. From FindingDebra.com – The Creamy Rosa Caprese Gnocchi recipe is an instant family favorite. Add a side salad to share, soft breadsticks, and wine to finish off this beautiful and tasty meal.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Cup pumpkin puree
- ½ Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- Pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Pound cooked elbow pasta
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, diced
- ¼ Cup parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the pumpkin puree and cook until it darkens in color, around 3 minutes. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and pepper.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Pour the milk and slowly mix until incorporated. Cook for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta and the cheddar cheese and toss to combine. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Top the mac and cheese with the breadcrumbs and top with the diced butter and parmesan cheese.
- Take to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- I used homemade pumpkin puree (just place the pumpkin in the Instant Pot and cook until soft. Mash and that’s it). However, you can also use canned pumpkin puree just make sure it’s unsweetened.
- You can omit the baking step and the mac and cheese will be just as good!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g