Last summer my family visited our local Myrtle Beach for some serious fun and family time. It was such a beautiful visit and we luckily made it just in time for the infamous Solar Eclipse. Aside from the beach, you will be surprised to find out many things about this area that even surprised me. There are lots of things to do in this area that is perfect for your whole family. Make sure you check out the list below and head over to the Visit Myrtle Beach for more information and lists of local events for every season.
1. They are open year round, shocker, right? I mean when you think of a beach on the east coast you don’t consider going there during the colder months. Myrtle Beach is actually a great place to go and escape the cold weather you are experiencing. It’s also got some great affordable rates for the whole family, which leads us to number two on this list.
2. It’s super affordable during the holidays. Lots of the resorts offer holiday stay packages making your stay as affordable as ever. Whether you’re staying a few days or maybe two weeks, each resort has their own special according to the holiday. Most resorts offer full-size kitchens so staying in your budget by cooking some of your meals for your family in the room is an option. Eating out at specially priced restaurants who are hosting holiday breakfast, lunch and dinner’s is also an option as well.
3. Booking way in advance gives you the best deals. The penthouses sell out fast so make sure you are booking those way in advance during the year. Most penthouses can large families making coming together that much more affordable.
4. People actually staycation and vacation in Myrtle Beach for the holidays. For local’s such as myself whole only stay just a few hours away from Myrtle Beach. Traveling for a staycation at a local beach is always a fun option to have for the holidays. Other locals like to host their holiday events at resorts as well because it means less cleaning up and more having fun. IT also maximizes your ability to host large groups at affordable rates.
5. The beach isn’t the only thing you can visit here. Local restaurants and local places to visit such as bowling alleys, movie theaters, dinner shows and so much more. Are available year round for visitors to enjoy, lots of places host holiday specials so make sure you inquire about those while planning out your visit to Myrtle Beach,
6. Most resorts pack lots of indoor pools for year-round use. Most hotels in Myrtle beach offer year-round indoor pools for the whole family to enjoy. When my family stayed at The Landmark Resort we were able to enjoy the indoor pools when the weather wasn’t that great. Places like The Landmark Resort are among one of the great choices you can pick from for your vacation stay.
7. The food is seriously delicious year round. Many of the restaurants around the area offer food options for the holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Make sure you check out what local restaurants are offering and plan out your holiday meals ahead of time.
8. It isn’t as crowded as the summertime. If you are spending the holiday in Myrtle Beach expect to be treated to a nice slow paced crowd where you can truly relax.
9. Lots of local shows to watch and places to visit. The Carolina Opry is a tourist favorite in Myrtle Beach, packed with tons of different shows for your family to enjoy. There is also the Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show where your family can watch.
10. Holiday themed events. There are some great events that go on around the area to celebrate the holidays. Things such as the Candle Lights on New Years as well as Christmas themed events. Check the Vacation Myrtle Beach Website for events going on before you visit.