Hersheypark is hosting their annual Hersheypark in The Dark event as well as their Taste of Fall Fest. If you are in the Hershey Pensalyvannia area during this Halloween Season then you will definitely want to check this out. Everything from the Trick or Treat Trail at Treatville and Creatures Of The Night® at ZooAmerica. Is available for you to experience in the Sweetest Place on Earth. Let’s not forget the other amazing things you can do in Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction. On select dates, they are hosting a Full Moon Event packed with fun music and activities for the whole family.
I have compiled a list of 10 Tips For A Sweet Trip To Hersheypark In The Dark, check it out below.
1. Wear a Costume. Mom, seriously you have to wear a costume when visiting Hersheypark in the Dark. I will admit this mom dressed in a hoodie and jeans, the little ones came fully prepared. Trust me when I say you will need these when you attend the Full Moon Party at Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction.
2. Bring a Flashlight. One of the best parts of visiting Hersheypark in the dark is experiencing Creatures Of The Night® at ZooAmerica. A self-guided tour of the ZooAmerica at dark using your flashlights to see the animals is seriously awesome. They also bring out some of the nocturnal animals for you to pet and see up close, which you normally do during their Early Bird and After Dark Guided Tours.
3. Do the Long Wait Roller Coasters First. If you have a family full of Thrill Seekers like mine, then planning out a way to ride the long wait roller coasters first is your go to plan. Whenever we head to a theme park we always check their map’s and decided which roller coasters we will be riding that day. Whenever we figure that out we start to plan where we will start in the park first. It’s always good to have a plan that ultimately leads you to the entrance part of the park last. This helps save you the annoying walk from the back of the park to the front of the park when it’s closing.
4. Save the Trick or Treat Trail for Nighttime. Depending on what day it is I recommend you check the sunset time when visiting Hersheypark. Once the sun goes down the park is lit up with fun Halloween decorations and music. The best part of the trick or treat trail is that it really feels like your in your own neighborhood trick or treating at night, It’s an awesome feeling to know that after you have snagged up all the candy, you can now blow that sugar rush on your favorite rides in the park.
5. Bring a Jacket or Poncho In case it Rains. During our visit, it happened to be drizzling all day long, although this made for some insanely cool photos. It also created an issue where the kids had to wear their jackets during our visit. Although it drizzled, we were able to have fun on rides that were indoors or covered, having the jackets as a backup was a great plan.
6. Make sure to experience the Taste of Fall Flavors Fest. This is the one time of the year where you can actually eat all the pumpkin flavored everything and no one will give you a side eye. Just make sure that you are trying not just the sweet treats that the Taste of Fall Flavors Fest is offering. Try the delicious savory options that will knock your socks off and help you forget summer is actually over. Find these special menu items in Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction as well as inside Hersheypark.
7. Bring the Stroller. If you are bringing little ones who aren’t used to walking long distances I highly recommend you bring the stroller. My little Esuun is turning 5 years old soon but she still enjoys her trips in her big girl stroller at theme parks. Although she did an amazing job walking around the park for 4 hours she did need some rest time. She got her rest time on her favorite rides so it actually worked out for us that we forgot ours at home.
8. Take Tons of Pictures. There are a ton of fun photo opportunities that you can take advantage of at Hersheypark In the Dark. The most fun ones have to be when you are on the trick or treat trail where you can snag some fun themed photo stations. There are also some fun photo opportunities in Hershey’s Chocolat World Attraction so make sure you go there before the park opens or before you leave.
9. Plan out your Trick or Treat Trail Route Before Hand. Your Hersheypark App is your best friend, so make sure you Download that before you head to the park. Look for the Pumpkins on the map and plan our your trick or treat trail beforehand. This will save you time wandering around the park as well as maximize your time by picking a trail your whole family can enjoy. This ensures everyone gets to ride the rides they love as well as trick or treat their little hearts out.
10. Wear Comfortable Shoes. There is nothing like finishing off the best costume ever with matching shoes that really make the outfit pop. If you are heading to Hersheypark In The Dark I highly recommend you throw on those favorite comfy pair of sneakers. Although it possibly won’t match your costume, it’s important to wear comfy shoes when walking upwards of 20,000 steps. I easily did 12,000 in just 3 hours of being in the park doing the trick or treat trail.
I hope these tips were helpful and that your family has a blast at Hersheypark. Read my full review and what to expect when you visit Hersheypark In The Dark. Head over here to Purchase your Hersheypark in the Dark Tickets Online Now.