Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerSkinReady #ChooseSkinHealth #CollectiveBias
Sunny warm days usually mean a trip to the park or nearest beach is on our agenda for the day. On a normal warm day, I like to adventure a little closer to home and visit on of the local parks we have. Depending on how long we plan to stay there is how I determine what I need to pack. Usually, I pack enough goodies for a few hours just in case we decide to stay longer than planned. As a mother of 4 beautiful children, I like to make sure we are always prepared for the weather ahead.
Isn’t that tote bag below just the cutest? My grandmother makes them by hand and can make them for any occasion, this year she made us over very own park/beach bag. I like to fill my tote bag with all the goodies I take along with me as we travel. It’s very important that I pack ample amounts of goodies for my whole family to use, I like to pack extra’s for any number of reasons that could arise.
A Peek Inside My Park Bag
1. Hydrate. Playing outside can be a lot of fun, no matter where you go in the heat you will always need to hydrate. As the temperatures rise the more hydration your body is going to need. Make sure to pack ample amounts of water when adventuring outside in the spring/summer heat. I like to take huge jugs ($1 hugs of water sold at all grocery stores) of water and freeze them overnight, by the time you sit them on the picnic table or next to you on the beach the jug will be at least half way melted. This makes for a great way to cool off in the heat without having to hike back to the car to grab more water.
2. Eye Protection. Protecting your eyes during those sunny days means getting a fantastic pair of sunglasses, I always bring a spare in my bag just in case I lose the other pair. Sunglasses are not just a fashion statement, but they are actually fantastic to wear when you adventure outside. The usual culprit when it comes to “how I got my headache today”, is the normal allergies I suffer from. Another way I usually get a headache is from squinting from the bright beautiful sun we have. To avoid stressing your eyes as well as saving yourself that stress headache, throw on a cute pair of sunglasses and have fun outside.
3. Healthy Snacks. I’m very guilty of bringing not so healthy snacks to our park/beach visits. Through the years I found that bringing bunches of fruit on our trips was definitely the way to go. It supplied those needed vitamins and minerals we were losing in the heat, as well as kept them full so they could continue to have fun. Other great healthy snacks to bring on your outings is mixed nuts and granola bars. They don’t melt and they sure do hit the spot when you’re just not ready to leave your favorite spot at the park or beach.
A Peek Inside My Beach Bag
4. Keep Cool In The Shade. Don’t be shy, find shade wherever possible. I’ve shared park benches with other moms before and I found that you don’t have to be shy and just say “hello”. If you are looking to head to the beach invest in a tent or large umbrella. I tend to rent my large umbrella’s onsite of the beach, it can be costly but it is a great option for when you have limited space in your car. I also opt to bring a small tent which serves as a great rest place for the kids to lay down and recharge in.
5. Proper Skin Protection. Can you guess what the #1 place is that we forget to put sunscreen on? Your face, that’s right if you haven’t been applying sunscreen to your face (like I forgot for many years) then you are doing it all wrong. As an Asian American, my skin on my face is very sensitive, especially to sunlight. I didn’t realize that the brown spots on my face weren’t beauty marks, they were sunspots that I gained from sitting in the sun for years and years.
I found this amazing new facial sunscreen from Neutrogena that is out of this world awesome. It’s made for your face and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes. This is the perfect tote stuffer that makes applying sunscreen to your face a breeze. Normally I use the sunscreen I put on my body on my face, but it tends to leave my face looking oily. I like the Neutrogena Sheer Zinc™ Face Sunscreen for my face. It also offers SPF 50 which is what I normally get for my face and for the kid’s faces.
More info about the product: Naturally-sourced zinc oxide Hypoallergenic, it’s Sweat and water resistant (80 minutes) Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores) Oil-free, Dermatologist tested. Awarded the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance™ as a suitable sunscreen for persons with sensitive skin conditions. Thanks, Neutrogena you are the best! I love my sunscreen and as a mom who tends to spend most of her spring/summer days outside, this has come in handy many times over. Neutrogena also offers this new Sheer Zinc™ formula in a sunscreen you can use on your body.
Want to give the Neutrogena Sheer Zinc™ Sunscreen a try? Take advantage of this In-store and online Target offer from 5/21-5/27. Receive a $5 Target GiftCard with purchase of $15 in sun care! For more information about this offer head over HERE.
Do you have any travel plans for this summer? Are you guilty of not applying sunscreen to your face? What are your favorite places to visit with your family?