The 2018 Food and Wine Festival at Busch Gardens Williamsburg are in full swing! Now till July 1rst, you can catch some insanely delicious food and drinks throughout the park.
This year Busch Gardens Williamsburg is hosting some new countries meaning there are new food and drinks to try. I had an amazing time tripping around the world in the park trying all the new tasty treats.
Unleash your inner foodie with over 60 specialty food items, 30 different wines, 25 craft beers and 20 unique cocktails not normally served at the park. Plus, catch big-name concerts on select Saturday nights and additional entertainment throughout the event.
Food & Wine Festival is from 11 am to close every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 25 – July 1. Includes Memorial Day Monday too.
1. Live Concerts. The Food and Wine festival isn’t just all food and drinks this year, catch Live Concerts Included with park admission but limited seating available. Catch Scotty McCreery, Hunter Hayes and Andy Grammer perform separately on select Saturdays in June.
- BRITMANIA – OPENS JUNE 29 at the Globe Theatre
- HUNTER HAYES CONCERT – JUNE 16 | 7:30 PM Catch country star Hunter Hayes live at the Royal Palace Theatre.
- ANDY GRAMMER CONCERT – JUNE 30 | 7:30 PM Catch pop star Andy Grammer live at the Royal Palace Theatre.
2. The Food. It is a food and wine festival, after all, there are over 60 specialty foods including 4 new menus: Brazil, Cuba, Japan & South Korea. To view the entire menu for all the countries head over HERE.
Some of Our Favorites:
- Hawaiian Mac & Cheese – Ham & pineapple mac & cheese with macadamia nut crust – Hawaii
- Gamba Fritters – Caribbean fried shrimp dumplings with Pickapeppa dip – Caribbean
- Pineapple Rum Upside-Down Cake – Cake with sweet pineapple-rum sauce – Caribbean
- Choco-noisette et Banane Crêpe – Hazelnut-chocolate spread & bananas – CRÊPES & COFFEE
- Lamb Kofta – Indian spiced ground lamb on a stick with cilantro lime yogurt sauce – India
- California Roll – Sushi roll of crab, avocado & cucumber with pickled ginger & wasabi – Japan
- Baklava – Sweet pastry with nuts & honey between thin crispy filo pastry layers – Mediterranean
- Korean BBQ Pork Ribs – Spicy chili BBQ glazed ribs served over gochujang slaw – South Korea
3. The Drinks. The 2018 Food and Wine festival boasts 30 different wines, 25 craft beers and 20 unique cocktails not normally served at the park. Tripping around the park I stuck to mostly to the non-alcoholic beverages which by the way are a must try throughout the park.
- Brazilian Lemonade – frozen with sweetened condensed milk – Brazil
- Hibiscus Lemonade – Hawaii
- Masala Chai Iced Tea – India
- Kombucha – Japan
4. The Live Shows. There are so many live shows you can catch in the park during your food and drink hoping. Check out the shows listed below:
- CELTIC FYRE– NOW – AUGUST 26 at the Abbey Stone Theatre
- HOWL TO COEXIST – NOW PRESENTING at the Wolf Haven
- MIX IT UP! – NOW – AUGUST 12 at the Il Teatro Di San Marco
- OKTOBERZEST – NOW – AUGUST 28 at the Das Festhaus
- MORE… PET SHENANIGANS – NOW – OCTOBER 28 at the Shenanigans Theatre
- SUNNY DAYS CELEBRATION – NOW PERFORMING at the Sesame Street Forest of Fun
5. Battle of Erie. This new Virtual ride has just opened up in time for some summer fun. Go on an adventure to help save the Battle For Eire is a marriage of a motion-based theater simulator with state-of-the-art 360-degree virtual reality headsets, creating an innovative experience unlike any other in the theme park industry.
Make sure you snag up your Busch Gardens Williamsburg tickets as well as sampler cards for this tasty festival going on now. Head over here for more information on how to get your tickets and sampler cards.
” I am a Thrill Chaser Ambassador for Busch Gardens, I received complimentary passes and food sampler cards. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”