It’s finally happening yall! Disney Pixar’s Incredibles 2 is now playing in a theater near year. I don’t know about you but that 14-year wait was long but so worth it. I absolutely loved the film and cannot wait to take my little ones to see it this weekend.
Incredibles 2 In Theaters Everywhere Today! Grab Your Tickets!
While in LA for the #Incredibles2Event I had the opportunity to screen Incredibles 2, the kid in me was screaming while the adult in me was repeating keep it together Jay.
PS: If you like this film you should definitely check out the Incredibles 2 Interviews with the cast listed below!
- Incredibles 2 Interview with Craig T. Nelson & Holly Hunter | Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl Inside Look – Click Here.
- Incredibles 2 Interview with Samuel L. Jackson | Frozone Tells All – Click Here.
- Incredibles 2 Interview with Sarah Vowell & Huck Milner | Dash and Violet Parr Tell All – Click Here
- Incredibles 2 Interview with Bob Odenkirk & Catherine Keener | Voices of Winston and Evelyn Deavor – Click Here.
- Incredibles 2 Interview with Sophia Bush | Voice of Voyd – Click Here.
Pixar is known for their cute and touching short films that run in front of their newest movies. The touching short film ‘Bao’ was created by Director Domee Shi and Producer Becky Neiman Post.
The short follows an aging Chinese mom whose son has left the nest discovers that one of her dumplings has sprung to life as a little dumpling boy, she welcomes him with open arms. But even dumpling boys grow up fast. Director Domee Shi explores the ups and downs of the parent-child relationship in Disney•Pixar’s new short “Bao,”.
This short will catch you off guard and make you laugh and cry. As a mother of 4 I really got invested with my emotions on this one, although it seems to be a different storyline completely from the Action Packed Incredibles 2 film. The Director Domee Shi pointed out during our interview with her, that it is related in a way that you see this strong mother just like Elastigirl.
14 Years In The Making – Cooked Up Something Awesome!
Get ready to have your socks knocked off, I seriously cannot stress enough how awesome this movie was. It took 14 years to get here but lets not get caught up on those numbers. The number one thing you should get caught up on is how this Incredible family hasn’t changed one bit. The Incredibles 2 film picks up moments after the last one ended.
Genius idea! Seeing as we don’t want the family to age and need way more doses of Incredibles in the near future. 2 thumbs up Disney Pixar for bringing yet again another film my whole family can love and want to get into. I absolutly love it and cannot wait to get this on DVD.
It’s funny, has nonstop action, is family friendly, oh and you’re allowed to wear your super suit when you see it! Love it!!!! #Incredibles2 In theaters everywhere June 15th #Incredibles2Event #DisneyPartner #Incredibles? #Disney pic.twitter.com/KkFT33Ilvf
— Jays SweetNSour Life (@SweetNSourDeals) June 7, 2018
Kid Friendly? – What You Need To Know
- Scary Scenes. There are intense moments that some kids might find startling. I did jump back at one point in the movie where the music startled me. In my opinion, it isn’t too intense that I wouldn’t take my 5-year-old to see. I am taking all 4 of my kid’s ages 5 years to 12 years old to see this film.
- PG Content. All the content in the film is completely PG and the only thing I would say goes above that is the fighting scenes when you see people getting beat up by your favorite superheroes.
- Real Family Life. In some scenes you will find some real-life family situations arise, these to me were done gently and actually give your children a peek into what us parents go through for them.
Things to Look Forward To
- Action Packed. Hello, supers! This film was packed with way more action and some sense did get intense. If you were looking to get wowed by some insane fighting scene that are still family friendly, then you won’t be disappointed.
- The Humor was spot on. This new film has way more adult and kid-friendly humor than its previous film. It also has moments the kids can relate to and laugh at the things they do at home.
- Dash’s Hair. I had to put this in a list because oh my gosh that hair flowed in the wind. I couldn’t help but awe at how far their graphics have come since the previous film.
- Voices You Recognize. Minus Dash who is now voiced over by Huck Milner, all the Incredibles stars are there making this a deja vu feeling but in a good way of course.
- More Edna! It’s not truly an Incredibles movie without Edna right? Get ready to see a different side of Edna in this film that will make you go AWE NO WAY!
Exploring Girl Power With Elastigirl
In a fun turn of events, Elastiirl is called into action to help bring back Supers. Elastigirl’s mission is to shed a positive spotlight on how supers are there to help and not hurt the public. In this film, you will get a chance to see what Elastigirl is really made of. Whereas in the previous film we only had small doses of her. Watching her fighting and showing off all her moves, including facts about her that Mr. Incredible didn’t even know was awesome.
This right here was a perfect example of how becoming a mom doesn’t mean you still can’t be a bad mamma jamma. It just means you have much more to fight for at the end of the day.
Discovering Jack Jacks Seemingly Infinite Powers
I’m sure you have seen this all of your social media accounts but Jack Jack really did steal the show on this one. He has so many powers that I lost count on how much he could do halfway through the movie. Thanks to Edna we will hopefully be able to see him gain more control over them as he grows older, but how cool is it that he can teleport to other dimensions?
Mr. Incredible As A Father
In the previous film, we pretty much saw Mr. Incredible as a fighter, a family man and lifelong friend to Frozone. Incredibles 2 explores something not many people talk about. How dad is capable of taking care of the household and the kids while mom is away on business. The hilarious struggles you watch Mr. Incredible go through when Elastigirl is away will make you laugh till your side hurts.
Don’t worry though, Mr. Incredible gets the hang of things and shows off just how super he is as a father. I was very touched by his many scenes with the kids’ Dash, Violet, and Jack-Jack. I even gave him that nod of AWE I feel your pain in a few scenes. Loved loved loved that this aspect of parenthood was explored and shown through this film. It’s not really talked about in films but shown in such a special way in this film.
Dash and Violet
These two siblings are always going at it, as a mother, I don’t think that will ever change. Expect to be delighted in this film as you will watch these two mature and learn to work together with and without their powers. These two really step up in this film giving their enemies a run for their money.
With the help of Frozone of course who makes his appearance only minutes into the film. There isn’t anything new presented about Frozone’s history but you do get a small snippet of how close Mr. Incredible and Frozone are in one scene. Assuring us that their friendship goes way back and these two have been working together for many years.
Pixar’s newest film The Incredibles 2 movie is now available in a theater near you! Check out the information and trailer below for more deets on this new Incredible film.
INCREDIBLES 2 opens in theatres everywhere on June 15th!
In INCREDIBLES 2, Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack—whose superpowers are about to be discovered.
Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side. That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
Like INCREDIBLES 2 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarTheIncredibles/
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheIncredibles
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theincredibles/
Visit the official INCREDIBLES 2 website here: http://disney.com/incredibles2