These Valentine’s day themed Brown Butter M&M Blondies are an easy and simple dessert recipe. Made with brown butter, these soft and chewy blondie brownies are stuffed with M&M’s and chocolate chips.
These Valentine’s day themed Brown Butter M&M Blondies are the perfect way to say I heart you to someone special. I love to bake them for my little ones year-round.
They are so chewy and chocolatey they make it easy for me to look like a master dessert chef. This recipe is also great for bake sales and usually sell out in minutes.
I must admit I am still new to cooking with browned butter, it’s something I recently have gotten into and have been exploring with my taste buds.
However, since I’ve started I don’t know how I’m going to go back. The flavor in all of my dishes are amplified and really brings my desserts to the next level. I’m excited to share more of what I have been experimenting with in my kitchen with you guys.
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip M&M Blondies
Today I am sharing my Chocolate Chip M&M Blondies recipe using you guessed it, browned butter. If you are like me and new to using browned butter then you will love how easy it is to make and use in this recipe. It’s so easy my kids can help me make it.
While this recipe is Valentine’s day themed, you can switch out the colors of the M&M’s to any holiday. Christmas, the Fourth of July or Easter are a few other colors/holiday options you can take advantage of using this recipe.
Other Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting & Marshmallow Creme Filling
- Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Frosting and Caramel Filling
- Chocolate Dipped Brownies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Is this your first time browning butter? Well, don’t freak out, because I’m going to help make sure you master this easy step. Follow the directions below and then move on to the next step of the brown butter blondies recipe.
- To brown your butter, simply add the cold butter to a room temperature medium saucepan.
- On medium heat let the butter melt completely while stirring often, this helps prevent the butter from burning.
- As the butter cooks it will start to turn a nutmeg brown color, this is the color that lets you know it’s done.
- Remove from heat immediately and then set aside to cool. That’s it! You did it! You made browned butter! Now add this secret ingredient to other recipes to help enhance the flavor of your favorite desserts.
No Mixer Necessary
I love it when I don’t have to break out my mixer for a recipe. Since this recipe is so easy to make it doesn’t require a hand or stand mixer.
In fact, the best result for this recipe is if you use a rubber spatula. So break out your favorite rubber spatula and let’s get to cooking!
For Best Results
For the best results of this recipe make sure you follow the instructions to the letter. Even though the brownies will look underdone, do not be tempted to bake it any longer than the max time listed.
Another tip is to make sure you let these blondies sit and cool completely before you cut into them. If you do decide to cut into them while they are still warm, use a plastic knife.
Do not refrigerate these brownies, they will dry out! Instead, keep these brownies stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. Freeze these brownies for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
M&M Blondies Ingredients
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Butter – Melted and cooled
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Eggs – at room temperature is best
- Vanilla extract
- M&M’s – of course!
- Chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter melted, browned, and cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup M&M's
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil, leaving enough overhang to help you lift the blondies from the pan when they're done in step 7. Apply cooking spray to foil and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt and brown the butter over medium heat and allow to cool slightly. Gently whisk melted butter and sugars together in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in M&M candies and chocolate chips and then add batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top to an even layer.
- Add a few extra M&Ms and chocolate chips to the top to fill in any gaps.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes; DO NOT OVERBAKE! Bake until the top is shiny, cracked and the edges are firm and golden. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. It may look undercooked but remove from the oven anyways.
- After about 5 minutes of sitting in the pan remove bars from pan and transfer to a cutting board or flat surface too cool. BE CAREFUL!
- Let them sit and cool completely. When ready, cut to desired sized bars and serve. Enjoy!