My kids absolutely love hot chocolate, especially when it gets cold outside and the snow just starts to fall. I don’t think a snow fort could have been finished in one day, had they not come inside to recharge and warm up with some hot chocolate.
Whenever this time of the year rolls around my kids rave and rave about how much they simply must have Egg Nog. I’m sure I look crazy buying 4 containers at a time, but I simply must meet my kids demand. Of course one of those containers is mom’s and is absolutely off limits to little hands.
This year I thought, why not have a little fun and combine the kids two favorite holiday traditions into one! On top of that, let’s add some fun dipping marshmallows that the kids can’t help but dip and gobble up. They are almost too cute to eat, but we seem to manage to get over that. What I love about this recipe, is that I can throw the entire drink into a crock pot, and let the crock pot do all of the cooking. It’s perfect for when mom wants to help out with the snow fort, and maybe provide some back up during a snowball fight.
- 1 can, 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups of eggnog
- 3 cups of water
- whipped cream for topping
- In a large slow cooker, add sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, ground nutmeg, cinnamon and kosher salt. Whisk together.
- Add eggnog and water, stirring until combined. Heat on low for 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Or, heat everything in a saucepan over low heat. Once warm, serve with whipped cream and any decorations your family likes.I added marshmallow snowman, snowballs and gingerbread men to mine ENJOY