It’s finally close to one of my favorite holidays, Christmas of course! Hosting parties around this time of the year is always a festive event. Everything from the cooking, decking the halls and of course the cookie decorating, is always a tradition my kids love to share with others. Through the years we have turned our annual Christmas party with friends and family into a potluck event. Showcasing everyone’s unique traditional Christmas dishes that they love to enjoy during this wonderful time of the year.
It is kind of like your taste buds are taking a trip around the world when it comes to our Christmas parties. Everything from traditional Filipino food from my country, all the way to some Mediterranean style foods are served at our party. My huge family on my dad’s side love’s to bring our traditional Filipino food such as shrimp/pork pancit bihon and my favorite Ensaymada.
I’ve always found that finding a recipe that is quick, easy and tasty is always a hit at any party I host. This year I decided to switch up what I normally make and decided to bring a little bit of a Mediterranean flair to my dish. What I loved about this dish was that it was so easy to make and required little to no effort to make it. It also was also a hit at my party and brought a lot of smiles to a lot of faces.
The Mediterranean Bison Burger was delicious and made great sliders to grab and go. I made mine with a secret ingredient that I’m sure some of you have never thought of being a great cheese substitute. The Boar’s Head Kalamata Olive Tapenade Hummus is perfect for this type of burger and it is the secret ingredient that made it all come together. I try to find food substitutes as often as I can because sometimes the different flavor combinations are what excites our taste buds the most.
The baked fries were so easy to make and the kids loved them, winning! These fries have just 3 ingredient’s which made them simply delicious when you sprinkle Feta Cheese on top of them. They go perfectly with the Bison burgers and made a great side dish to any of the other foods that were being served at the party.
This new flavor of Boar’s hummus was a hit at my party, it was a great spread for the Bison Burgers but it was also a delicious dip for the pita chips I made. I bought a bag of pita bread and cut them up into dippable chips for my guests to enjoy, If you are looking for a delicious addition to your holiday party you must try this Mediterranean Bison Burger and fries recipe. Your guests and taste buds will thank you.
Check out all the other Hummus flavors you can choose from in your local Grocery Store by heading to this Website.
- Bison Burger:
- 1lb of Ground Bison
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Coriander
- 2 Teaspoons of Minced Oregano
- Boar's Head Kalamata Olive Tapenade Hummus
- Romaine Lettuce
- English Cucumber
- Fresh Baked Hamburger Buns
- Baked Fries:
- 10 Russet Potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons of Minced Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Kosher Salt
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees, cut up potatoes into desired size of wedges. In a large mixing bowl mix a generous amount of olive oil and then sprinkle on your minced fresh Oregano, garlic powder, and salt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Lay the wedges out on a lined baking pan and then pop them into the over for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl break up your ground bison, add in Garlic Powder, Ground Coriander, Oregano and mix together with your hands, form into 4 patties or 8 sliders. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a iron cast skillet, or any cooking pan, heat up oil and then cook on low/medium heat until fully cooked. Set aside and let cool.
- Toast the Hamburger Buns or Slider buns in the oven. Remover and spread a light amount of butter onto the buns.
- Begin to layer the burgers/sliders with the tomato, lettuce and english cucumber.
- Spread the Top bun with Boar's Head Kalamata Olive Tapenade Hummus on the top bun.
- Remove baked fries from the oven once they are fully cooked and then serve with sprinkled feta cheese crumbles.
- Serve the bison burger and fries together and enjoy!