Mediterranean Bison Burger and Fries
My Mediterranean Bison Burger and Fries is the perfect way to put a spin on weeknight dinner. This juicy and flavorful burger is paired with baked fries and sprinkled with feta cheese. I like to throw this dinner together when I’m looking for a fun way to mix up burger night.
I’ve always found that finding a recipe that is quick, easy and tasty is always a win during busy weekdays. As many of you know my family is always on the go and dinner is our way of catching up. What I loved about this dish was that it was so easy to make and required little to no effort to make it.
Check Out The Fun Recipe Clip Below
These Mediterranean Bison Burgers are perfect for dinner but also make great sliders for a grab and go kind of dish. I made mine with a secret ingredient, this secret ingredient works great as a cheese substitute. My secret ingredient is, you guessed it Hummus!
The Boar’s Head Kalamata Olive Tapenade Hummus was the perfect pairing for this type of burger. It really brought all of the flavors together. To keep things “spicy” with my cooking, I often try to find food substitutes, because sometimes having different flavor combinations can really excite your taste buds.
The baked fries were easy to make and the kids loved them, winning! These fries have just 3 ingredient’s which made them simply delicious. To send this recipe over the top sprinkle Feta Cheese on top, you will thank me later. These fries pair perfectly with the Bison burgers. This recipe also makes a great side dish to any of the other burger recipes.
Other Related Recipes
- Sundried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken & Lemon Butter Sauce
- Spicy Buttery Chicken Wings
- Filipino Chicken Adobo
- Chicken Artichoke Ciabatta Sandwich
- Turkey Pesto Grilled Cheese
- 1 lb of Ground Bison
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Coriander
- 2 Teaspoons of Minced Oregano
- Boar's Head Kalamata Olive Tapenade Hummus
- Romaine Lettuce
- English Cucumber
- Fresh Baked Hamburger Buns
- 10 Russet Potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons of Minced Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Kosher Salt
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees, cut up potatoes into desired size of wedges. In a large mixing bowl mix a generous amount of olive oil and then sprinkle on your minced fresh Oregano, garlic powder, and salt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Lay the wedges out on a lined baking pan and then pop them into the over for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl break up your ground bison, add in Garlic Powder, Ground Coriander, Oregano and mix together with your hands, form into patties or 8 sliders. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In an iron cast skillet or any cooking pan, heat up oil and then cook on low/medium heat until fully cooked. Set aside and let cool.
- Toast the Hamburger Buns or Slider buns in the oven. Remover and spread a light amount of butter onto the buns.
- Begin to layer the burgers/sliders with the tomato, lettuce and English cucumber.
- Spread the Top bun with Boar's Head Kalamata Olive Tapenade Hummus on the top bun.
- Remove baked fries from the oven once they are fully cooked and then serve with sprinkled feta cheese crumbles.
- Serve the bison burger and fries together and enjoy!