#FallFlavors This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
It’s finally here! Fall has come upon us as we enter our back to school phase with the kiddos. Fall for my kids was a huge change, they attended their first year of public school. Even though they attended summer school to prep for the upcoming fall, they looked forward to the start of the new school year. Whenever you think of fall you think of hoodies, falling leaves, football and of course pumpkins! With Halloween around the corner, almost every grocery or retail store is loading up on anything pumpkin themed or flavored.
A recipe popped into my head that I just couldn’t wait to share with my family and friends. Since football season has commenced, my search for a dessert that can feed a crowd has been a tough one. Instead of bringing the same old desserts which are your typical grab and go snacks, I wanted to give something that would catch everyone’s attention. That’s when the idea of a kid/adult friendly Pumpkin flavored Tiramisu popped into my head. Since I already had all of the other ingredients needed at home I was basically ready to bake once I put all of my groceries away. I got my big mixing bowl, a hand mixer, and my favorite spatula then got to work.
- Pillsbury® Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix
- Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 Cup of Dunkin' Donuts® Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Pound of Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Bag of DOVE® Dark Chocolate Pumpkins
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease 1 12 inch cake pan, line pan with cooking parchment paper and butter. Make cake mix as directed on box, but substitute the water for milk, add as directed the oil and eggs. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25 to 29 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, mix Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Spice coffee, and powdered sugar together. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, 1 Container of Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese Frosting, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add and Beat heavy whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form
- To assemble, cut each cake horizontally to make 2 layers. Place 1 cake layer on plate; moisten generously or as much as you want with coffee, then spread with about 1 cup of the filling. Repeat with remaining layer. Spread remaining filling over top and side of cake.
- Unwrap and shred 15-20 DOVE® Dark Chocolate Pumpkin's, carefully spread over top of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
What occasion would you make this recipe for?