I love to make anything that is quick, easy and packed full of flavor. It is also something that can be made in bulk and can be taken to work with me easily the next day. One of my family’s most favorite dishes is anything with Caprese. In case you did not know, Caprese is pretty much fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. Sometimes, people will add balsamic vinegar or olive oil to their Caprese.
There are so many things that can be made with a simple Caprese recipe. One of our favorites is a Caprese Chicken. In this post, I am going to be sharing with you a new recipe, Caprese Stuffed Mushrooms. This recipe combines two of my favorite things; Caprese and mushrooms.
What I love most about recipes like this is that it can be made in a snap. Since I am a single mom, anything that can be made quickly is a plus in my book. If one child does not like the basil, I can either omit it in their portion, if another wants gouda instead of mozzarella, I can make that happen too! My Caprese Stuffed Mushrooms are so easy to make and can be made ahead of time for parties, lunch, freezer sides and more!
Spread parmesan cheese over the mushrooms to amp up the cheesiness.
- 3 Tbsps butter
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 8 Mushrooms
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Cup American cheese, cut into cubes
- ½ Cup cooked and chopped bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel the garlic cloves and minced them.
- In a small bowl mix the garlic with butter and melt in the microwave.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, and smear the mushrooms with the garlic butter. Set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes, place in a bowl with the American cheese, and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the mushrooms with the cheese and tomato mix and top with the bacon.
- Set the mushrooms on a baking dish and take it to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese melts down.
- Serve and enjoy.