Make these spooky cute Halloween Monster Donuts for your next Halloween event. Made with your favorite donuts as a base, you can create and decorate vampires, mummies, and other iconic edible Halloween monsters.
It’s that spooky time of the year when we dress up as our favorite characters and shake our tail feathers at local Halloween parties. While things this year will have to be done differently it doesn’t mean we can’t still have fun at home.
Throw your very own ‘Family Halloween Party’ at home with your loved ones. Make these cute Monster Donuts ahead of time, or host your very own Monster Donut Assembly Bar.
Halloween Party Monster Donut Bar
First set up your donut bar using premade or your favorite boxed donuts. Add all of the decorations to small bowls for easy access at the table. Grab your favorite fondue pot or medium saucepan to cook the candy melts, then divide them into individual bowls.
For extra fun, add some of the melted candy melts into piping bags. Then let the chefs get to work on creating their very own spooky Monster Donuts.
- For easy cleanup, use disposable bowls. This is of course an optional tip that you can use at your own discretion. Depending on the number of people participating in this activity using disposable bowls makes for easy cleanup afterward.
- Use Ziplock or Sandwich Bags if you don’t have piping bags. While it’s always a plus to have a drawer fully loaded with piping bags, sometimes we forget to refill said drawer. No worries though! Grab a sandwich bag and apply the same concept and your good to go.
- For a Detailed Look. To create a layering effect, allow a few minutes for the first layer to harden before going over that with another color. This tip is perfect for when you are outlining or adding more details to the donut.
Monster Donut Idea’s
- The Witch
- The Mummy
- The Alien
- The Vampire
- The Blob
- Black Cat
Tools You Will Need
- Piping Bag
- Candy Melts
- Candy Eyes
- Halloween Candy
- Candy Corn
More Halloween Recipes To Try
Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Donuts. Fill your home with the smell of freshly made Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Donuts, perfect for this beautiful fall weather we are having. These easy to make Pumpkin Spice Donuts have a crisp outer coating yet they are so soft and fluffy inside, enjoy them with a healthy coating of cinnamon sugar, or your favorite glaze.
Pumpkin Spice Milkshake. A quick and easy Pumpkin Spice Milkshake. Made with real pumpkin, spices, and creamy ice cream. It’s the perfect way to treat yourself to a delicious treat right at home!
Baked Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts. Get into the fall spirit with my delicious and easy to make Baked Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts. This baked pumpkin donut recipe is made with buttermilk for a fluffy yet moist donut. Made with no yeast this flavorful baked donut is topped with a coating of cream cheese frosting.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancakes. Nothing says fall like my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancakes. These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are made with real pumpkins and buttermilk making them super moist and fluffy, they are perfect for fall mornings.
- Candy Melts – whatever colors you like
- Prepackaged dozen donuts (glazed, cake, yeast, powdered, whatever you like!)
- 1 Bag of Candy Corn
- 1 Bag of Candy Eyeballs
- 1 Package of Fun Halloween Sprinkles
- 1 Bag of Plastic Vampire Teeth
- A few teaspoons of Olive or Coconut Oil
- Sandwich Size Zip Bags
- Add ¾ cup of candy melts and 1 tsp of oil in a small microwavable dish. Heat in 30-second intervals stirring after each until smooth. (Do this for each individual color)
- Spoon chocolate mixture onto donut to coat and decorate as desired. Place candy corn for teeth or use vampire's teeth.
- Add chocolate mixture to zip lock bags then snip the corner off to use as a piping bag for mummy effect, polka dots, stripes, and more. You can also dot a small amount on the back of the eyes to “glue” them on.
- Use your creativity and have fun! Let the kids decorate their own!
- Let sit a room temperature for about 10 minutes to fully “set up”. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- I was able to find everything I needed at Walmart
- Freshly made donuts do not keep as long as premade store-bought. Please keep that in mind when storing leftovers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g