Make these spooky cute Halloween Monster Donuts for your next Halloween event. Made with your favorite donuts as a base, you can create and decorate vampires, mummies, and other iconic edible Halloween monsters.
Halloween Monster Donuts
It’s that spooky time of the year when we dress up as our favorite characters and shake our tail feathers at local Halloween parties. While things this year will have to be done differently it doesn’t mean we can’t still have fun at home.
Throw your very own Family Halloween Party at home with your loved ones. Make these cute Monster Donuts ahead of time, or host your very own Monster Donut Assembly Bar.
Halloween Party Monster Donut Bar
First set up your donut bar using premade or your favorite boxed donuts. Add all of the decorations to small bowls for easy access at the table. Grab your favorite fondue pot or medium saucepan to cook the candy melts, then divide them into individual bowls.
For extra fun, add some of the melted candy melts into piping bags. Then let the chefs get to work on creating their very own spooky Monster Donuts.
For easy cleanup, use disposable bowls
This is of course an optional tip that you can use at your own discretion. Depending on the number of people participating in this activity using disposable bowls makes for easy cleanup afterward.
Use Ziplock or Sandwich Bags if you don’t have piping bags
While it’s always a plus to have a drawer fully loaded with piping bags, sometimes we forget to refill said drawer. No worries though! Grab a sandwich bag and apply the same concept and your good to go.
For a Detailed Look
To create a layering effect, allow a few minutes for the first layer to harden before going over that with another color. This tip is perfect for when you are outlining or adding more details to the donut.
Monster Donut Idea’s
- The Witch
- The Mummy
- The Alien
- The Vampire
- The Blob
- Black Cat
Try some of these fun monster donut ideas at your next Halloween party. Let the kids get creative and make all types of Halloween monsters. Like a cute black cat and a super scary mummy, there are so many fun Halloween-themed donuts you can create.
Monster Donut Supplies
- Piping Bag
- Candy Melts
- Candy Eyes
- Halloween Candy
- Candy Corn
Grab some of these monster donut supplies online, or at your local grocery store. If you do not have a popping bag, you can use a ziplock bag instead.
How to make Donut Monsters
To start, we will need to add the candy melts and oil to a small microwavable dish. Heat the candy melts in 30-second intervals stirring after each until smooth. (Do this for each individual color). Spoon the chocolate mixture onto the donut to coat and decorate as desired. Place candy corn for teeth or use vampire’s teeth.
How to make Monster Donuts
Add chocolate mixture to zip lock bags then snip the corner off to use as a piping bag for mummy effect, polka dots, stripes, and more. You can also dot a small amount on the back of the eyes to “glue” them on.
Use your creativity and have fun! Let the kids decorate their own! Let them sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes to fully “set up”. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Halloween Recipe Ideas
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Pumpkin Spice Milkshake
- Baked Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancakes
Looking for more Halloween recipe ideas? Try some of my most popular fall-inspired recipes, like my Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls. These pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls are soft and tender and filled with a sweet cinnamon swirl pumpkin filling then topped with creamy cream cheese icing.
- Candy Melts – whatever colors you like
- Prepackaged dozen donuts (glazed, cake, yeast, powdered, whatever you like!)
- 1 Bag of Candy Corn
- 1 Bag of Candy Eyeballs
- 1 Package of Fun Halloween Sprinkles
- 1 Bag of Plastic Vampire Teeth
- A few teaspoons of Olive or Coconut Oil
- Sandwich Size Zip Bags
- Add ¾ cup of candy melts and 1 tsp of oil in a small microwavable dish. Heat in 30-second intervals stirring after each until smooth. (Do this for each individual color)
- Spoon chocolate mixture onto donut to coat and decorate as desired. Place candy corn for teeth or use vampire's teeth.
- Add chocolate mixture to zip lock bags then snip the corner off to use as a piping bag for mummy effect, polka dots, stripes, and more. You can also dot a small amount on the back of the eyes to “glue” them on.
- Use your creativity and have fun! Let the kids decorate their own!
- Let sit a room temperature for about 10 minutes to fully “set up”. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- I was able to find everything I needed at Walmart
- Freshly made donuts do not keep as long as premade store-bought. Please keep that in mind when storing leftovers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g