A tasty and healthy spin to this classic holiday dish, this Maple Cranberry Apple Stuffing is is made with maple sausage, freshly diced apples, veggies, and sourdough bread. This savory stuffing recipe is the perfect side dish for any occasion.
Maple Cranberry Apple Stuffing
The holidays are always my favorite time of the year, it’s that time of the year when your whole family comes together to eat good food and share some laughs. It’s that magical time of the year when Christmas songs are playing on the radio and houses are lit up throughout the neighborhood.
The Holidays Are So Magical
I don’t know about you but I have to say one of my favorite things about the holiday season is definitely the food. The food seems to taste so much better during this time of the year, maybe it’s because so much love is put into each dish.
Maple Sausage Cranberry Apple Stuffing
I seem to have passed this love of stuffing through my genes because my kids can’t get enough of it either. I’m definitely that one person who loads up her plate with two huge scoops of stuffing and then layers it with tons of gravy.
This Maple Sausage Cranberry Apple Stuffing recipe was a hit at my family’s holiday dinners. They love it so much I’ve had to up my potluck contribution to two serving dishes and I secretly make myself my own dish to eat at a later date.
Maple Cranberry Apple Stuffing Recipe
This sweet spin on the classic stuffing will get you insanely excited this holiday season to try something new with your family. It’s also something you can enjoy year-round so don’t be shy about making it after the holidays have ended.
Maple Cranberry Apple Stuffing Ingredients
- Gala Apple Diced
- Beef Broth
- Sage, Parsley Flakes, Rosemary
- O Organics® Dried Fruit Cranberries
- O Organics® Maple Syrup
- Sourdough bread
- Whole Wheat Bread
To create this recipe I use products from my local Safeway Grocery Store. I personally love working with the O Organics ingredients, they are that high-quality ingredient at that affordable price you just can’t beat.
The difference when working with O Organics products is almost night and day as far as overall final dish taste. I used to not be able to afford Organic foods since of course, I have a huge family of 5.
Debi Lilly Design at Safeway
I know the food usually does the talking in a table setting during the holidays but I have fallen in love with the debi Lilly design™ flowers and decor at Safeway. Every season they feature new beautiful pieces that I love to fill up my home with. Each bouquet is hand-picked and arranged to make it easy for someone like me who is always in a rush.
Safeway Grocery Delivery Service
If you are like me and always on the go during the holiday rush then you will be pleased to know that Safeway now offers in select area’s Home Delivery Service. In select area’s you can experience Groceries Straight to your door with the Safeway Home Delivery Service.
It’s a lifesaver for someone like me who doesn’t seem to have enough time in the day to make it to the grocery store. This service offers you all of the club specials you find in the store, online. There are also great discounts and coupons you can use directly on the site which help you score some insanely great deals.
Holiday Recipe Ideas
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Instant Pot Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate + Slow Cooker Recipe
- Instant Pot Eggnog French Toast
- Turkey Pesto Grilled Cheese
Need more holiday recipe inspiration? Try some of the most popular holiday recipes on my blog, like my Turkey Piadina. It’s the perfect recipe for using up that leftover turkey you have sitting in the fridge.
Or your family might enjoy these quick and easy Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookies. Stuff it with your favorite chocolates and serve it with a scoop of ice cream fresh out of the oven.
- 1 lb of Sausage
- 2 Tbs O Organics® Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup of Chopped Baby Carrots
- 1 Cup of Celery
- 1 Cup of Onions
- 1 Gala Apple Diced
- 1 Cup of Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Cup O Organics® Dried Fruit Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup of O Organics® Maple Syrup
- 3 Cups of Sourdough bread
- 3 Cups of Whole Wheat Bread
- In a skillet heat the O Organics® Coconut Oil, then add the sausage and cook thoroughly. Add the O Organics® Maple Syrup, let simmer for 1-2 minutes then remove and set aside.
- While the skillet is hot toss in the butter and melts completely. Add the Celery, carrots, and onions. Stir and then add the rosemary, sage, and parsley flakes. Stire and then let simmer for 5-8 Minutes. Add the O Organics® Dried Fruit Cranberries, gala apple and maple sausage you set aside earlier, mix well. Add the beef broth and then let simmer on low.
- Cut the Sourdough and Whole Wheat Bread into 1/2-1 inch sizes pieces then add to a baking sheet. In a 350 Degrees oven cook the bread pieces for 8-10 minutes or until at an almost crouton consistency.
- In a large serving bowl add the bread and then pour over the vegetable and meat mixture. slowly mix together the dry and wet ingredients until well blended and bread becomes soft.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 545mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 8g