Stop buying premade! Enjoy a freshly squeezed cup of Homemade Strawberry Lemonade on a warm sunny day, it’s the perfect deliciously refreshing way to cool off. Everything tastes better homemade!
Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
There is nothing like a refreshing cup of ice-cold Homemade Strawberry Lemonade on a warm sunny day. This is actually a copycat drink from one of my favorite local places to eat.
To start at the beginning, my love for Strawberry Lemonade started with a visit to my local Cheesecake Factory Restaurant. They offer bottomless Lemonades which are freshly made each day and might I say YUM they are so good.
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
It was so delicious I just had to go home and make my own healthy version of this amazing drink. During this time of the year, you can head over to a local strawberry farm and pick your own strawberries.
We love to have fresh strawberries for our recipes. At times we can get carried away and pick way more than we intended to. So with our extra strawberries, we love to make desserts and of course drinks!
Refreshing Strawberry Lemonade
This recipe is perfect for the extra strawberries from our farm visit. Not able to make it to the farm during picking season? No problem! Head over to your local grocery store and pick up some fresh strawberries from there.
I love to have chunks of strawberries in my Strawberry Lemonade, so in this version, I only required you to blend your strawberries just a tiny bit. If you prefer a smooth consistency then you can blend the strawberries for a bit longer until the consistency is the way you would like them to be.
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Ingredients
- 1 Gallon Pitcher
- Organic Sugar or granulated sugar
I make my homemade strawberry lemonade using organic sugar, however, you can use whatever you have on hand. There is an alternative method of making this strawberry lemonade recipe, where you cook the strawberries in a small to medium size sauce pan with the sugar. It helps lock in the sugar with the lemonade so that it doesn’t just sink to the bottom of the pitcher.
How To Make Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
Wash and cut off the tops of the strawberries and then throw them in a blender. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and blend together in a blender until it reaches the consistency you like. Juice 6 Lemon and then set it aside.
Slice 2 oz’s of Strawberries and 3 Lemon for garnishing and then set them aside. In the Gallon Pitcher add the Lemon Juice and Strawberry Juice, and remaining sugar and mix well. Add the Ice and Water until the pitcher is full, mix well, then start adding the sliced strawberries and lemons.
For a sugar rim on your drinking glasses, take a small saucer and pour a small layer of the sugar. Line the rims of your glasses with fresh lemon, then press the rim’s onto the sugar until fully coated. Repeat for every glass. Pour your Fresh Strawberry Lemonade into your cups and serve with sliced strawberries and lemons on the side. ENJOY!
- 1 Gallon Pitcher
- 6 oz's of Strawberries
- 6 Lemons
- 2 Cups of Organic Sugar, you can take away or add this amount according to your liking
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic Sugar
- 2 oz's of Strawberries
- 3 Lemons
- 3-4 Cups of Ice
- 2-4 Cups of Water
- Wash and cut off the tops of the strawberries,add 2 tablespoons of sugar and blend together in a blender until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Juice 6 Lemons and then set aside.
- Slice 2 oz's of Strawberries and 3 Lemons
- In the Gallon Pitcher add the Lemon Juice and Strawberry Juice, and sugar, mix well.
- Add the Ice and Water until the pitcher is full, mix well.
- Add the sliced Strawberries and Lemon's
- To rim the glasses take a small saucer and pour on a small layer of the sugar, line the rim's of your glasses with a fresh lemon. Then press the rim's onto the sugar until fully coated. Repeat for every glass.
- Pour your Fresh Strawberry Lemonade into your cups and serve with sliced strawberries and lemons on the side. ENJOY!
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 3gSugar: 57gProtein: 1g